The Center was established in 2014 to ensure that all aspects of student life are accessible, equitable, and inclusive of individuals with disabilities. MPGU recognizes disability as a form of diversity and works to design more welcoming and inclusive environments.
The Center organizes
- pre-university education and vocational training for students with special health needs
- inclusive education
- sociocultural rehabilitation
- employment assistance
- creation of a barrier-free environment using special technologies
Technical support for students with disabilities includes
- lecture halls, study rooms and library places equipped for students with special needs.
- assistance equipment — mobile lifts, audio equipment
- for visually impared students: graphic, relief and light indicators, special plates and buttons in Braille, Braille displays and displays which allows to zoom in pictures and text
- for hearing impared students: radioclasses and acoustic systems designed for individual and collective employment, light alarm system, sign language interpreters translating leactures
- for physically impared students: ramps, automatic doors, lifts, handrails, special threshold lining; special computer equipment: separate keypad, and a programmed touchpad that replaces a mouse
- canteens where students with special needs can get food without queuing in all university buildings
- a free place in the university dormitory for the period of their studies and enrollment period. There are 50 rooms for such students, 4 of them have special equipment for disabled people
- e-learning system InfoDaMoodle
The University offers the following classes and examinations:
- elective courses of adaptive physical education. There are 3 groups of students enrolled in the courses and 2 tennis and handball teams. Sport facilities are also equipped.
- individual psychological consultations
- classes with surdologist and assistance in chosing portable audio equipment
Students with special health needs may apply for an indvidual study plan. The plan may include individual classes or in a group. The studing period may be extended for up to 1 academic year for Bachelor degree students and for up to 6 months for Master degree students.