- To assist student mobility since 2018 MPGU provides the university graduates with Diploma Supplement — a document that describes the nature, level, context, content and status of the studies that were successfully completed by the individual named on the original qualification to which the supplement is appended. Diploma Supplement is issued by International Relations Office.
- There are 2 UNESCO Institutes in MPGU. Music and Life-long Learning Institute was established in 2013 and is the only establishment that has a systematic approach towards music and education, it also studies influence of musical education on personality development. Media and Information Literacy and Media Education Institute established in 2016 is a Master programme that includes research in media studies. It develops scientific and methodological framework aimed to support the development of media and information literacy competencies among people
- Since 2012 MPGU offers double-degree programs that allow students to earn and graduate with two different degrees simultaneously. At the moment MPGU has 1 Double Degree program with Pedagogical University of Cracow (Poland) — Master program «Theoretical and Practical Translation Studies» (French-Russian).
- MPGU organizes short-term summer and winter educational programs in the Russian language for students from partner universities.
- Together with Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia MPGU created MPGU Test Center that organizes Russian Proficiency Test and provides foreign students with internatonally recognized language certificates.
- In 2016 MPGU and Weinan Normal University (WNU, China) established Moscow Institute of Arts WNU which recieved the state lisence from the Ministry of Education of China. Currently more than 500 students are enrolled at the Institute, however the number is expected to increase to 1200 students. There are 3 joint Bachelor programs: Musicology, Fine Arts, Preschool Education.
- MPGU participates in Erasmus+ — the EU’s programme to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe. The Erasmus+ programme combines all the EU’s current schemes for education, including the Lifelong Learning Programme (Erasmus, Leonardo da Vinci, Comenius, Grundtvig), Youth in Action and five international co-operation programmes (Erasmus Mundus, Tempus, Alfa, Edulink and the programme for co-operation with industrialised countries).
With the support of Erasmus + MPGU develops the following programs: Jean Monnet, Credit Mobility and Capacity Building.
Jean Monnet Activities are designed to promote excellence in teaching and research in the field of European Union studies worldwide.Participation in Jean Monnet programs allows MPGU to
• increase capacity to teach and research on EU matters;
• increase allocation of financial resources to teaching and research on EU subjects within the institution;
• establish more modern, dynamic, committed and professional environment inside the organisation.
A number of Jean Monnet programs, such as «Visualizing the European Ideas: Interactive Teaching Methodology for Secondary and Vocational Schools«, «Advancing the Systematic Learning Approach for Migrants and Disadvantaged Groups: a Unified Model for Training of Trainers«, «Enlargement Laboratory: EU Values and their Effects on New Member States in the Research and Innovation Sector” was implemented by Russian Institute for Advanced Studies.
Credit Mobility provides opportunities for staff and students to study, teach and train in countries world-wide. Currently the mobility is implemented with Romania, the Czech Republic, Spain, Poland, Belgium.
Capacity-building projects in the field of higher education support the modernisation, accessibility and internationalisation of higher education in Partner Countries — Russia is on of them. The projects aim to encourage cooperation between the EU and Partner Countries and support eligible Partner Countries in addressing challenges in the management and governance of their higher education institutions.
Annotated bilingual catalogue of educational programs