Moscow Pedagogical State University / Russian Institute for Advanced Study (RIAS- MPSU)
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS 2018
MPSU Postdoctoral Fellowships in Humanities 2018, Moscow
New RIAS Programme 2018 Call for applications in open
The Russian Institute for Advanced Study (RIAS) Fellowship Programme is an international researcher mobility programme offering 3, 6 and 8-month stay in RIAS-MPSU (Moscow, Russia). The Institute for Advanced Study supports the determined, self-directed work of the researchers from all over the world. The fellows working in international multidisciplinary scientific community get a unique opportunity for advanced study in the finest research conditions in a comfortable RIAS campus. The scholars also benefit from all the MPSU facilities, one of the biggest Russian pedagogical universities, including the best Russian libraries in the field of humanities, opportunity of collaboration with wide range of the Russian scientists from different Russian scientific institutions.
RIAS Fellowships are offered mainly in the fields of the humanities and social sciences. At the same time these grants may be provided to the scholars in life and exact sciences if only their research project does not require special laboratory facilities and that it interfaces with the humanities and social sciences. The Programme welcomes applications worldwide from young scholars (postdoc) as well as from leading senior researchers. In order to match the Programme standards, we recommend the applicants to submit a research proposal which demonstrates a multidisciplinary scientific approach and publications potential in high-impact scientific magazines.
For the 2018 academic year most preferable applications will be selected from the following scientific areas:
- Interdisciplinary research in the field of social sciences and humanities, including institutional analysis, political and economic research, social communications research, integrated political, legislative, social, economic and historical research;
- Social computing research and other fields of the synthesis of social humanities and computing sciences(high-tech social network research, cyber-psychology, cyber-policy, computing linguistics, pattern recognition, artificial intellect, IT in education, informative systems of management, new media environments);
- Cognitive and neurosciences, experimental psychology: theoretical and applied aspects;
- Research on various fields of social technologies, including political technologies, management technologies, marketing technologies, advertising and public relations, creative technologies, forecasting technologies, social, managerial and institutional design technologies, educational technologies;
- Research in the field of the synthesis of humanities and life sciences, including ethology research, biopsychology, genetic and other biological factors influence on individual features and social behavior;
- Mathematical modeling of social, political, economic, neuro-psychological, ecological and other complex systems and processes research;
- Environment research: environmental monitoring, energy efficiency and conservation, human ecology, influence of high-tech and media on people in towns and cities;
- Linguistic research, including social linguistics, computing linguistics, neurolinguistics, psychological linguistics, cognitive linguistics, etc.
- Research in the field of the synthesis of arts and sciences, including research in the field of creative industries, design and cultural studies.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The RIAS International Fellowship Programme welcomes applications worldwide from young and senior researchers having academic degree (Candidate of Science/Doctor of Science; for foreign аpplicants: PhD), as well as the publications in journals indexed by WEB of SCIENCE and / or SCOPUS data bases.
Fellows will have a unique opportunity to implement their research project, being a part of an international team, and working in a multidisciplinary academic community. RIAS provides all the necessary conditions for research, information and library support, opportunities for publications, as well as assistance in obtaining patents and inventions licenses.
The working languages of the Programme: Russian and English
Duration of the Programme:
- 8 months: April 15, 2018 – December 15, 2018
- 6 months: April 15, 2018 — October 15, 2018
- 3 months: April 15, 2018 – July 15, 2018
The research grant includes:
- Travel expenses: tickets at the beginning and at the end of the programme (bus, rail or air flight, economy class);
- Accommodation in an individual comfortable room of the university’s guesthouse located in close Moscow suburb;
- 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in the guesthouse;
- Visa support and invitation letter for foreign researchers;
- Standard medical insurance;
- Scholarship for the period of stay in RIAS:
— Russian participants: 74, 712 Russian rubles per month (minus 13% personal tax deductions)
— Foreign participants: 92, 857 Russian rubles per month (minus 30% personal tax deductions)
Requirements for participants during the Programme:
- Preparation of publications in journals WEB of SCIENCE and / or SCOPUS (2 articles every 3 months);
- Participation in the interdisciplinary monthly seminars of the RIAS International Grant Programme; delivering at least one lecture in the framework of seminars;
- Participation in the education and research programmes of MPSU according to an individual plan which may include:
— Teaching a short course for MPSU students (for the participants of the 6- and 8-month programme)
— Delivering public lectures on the project topic (for the participants of the 3-month programme)
— Development of a research project with the MPSU faculty members
— Elaboration of an application for research grants with the MPSU faculty members
Application Deadline: February 22 2018, 24:00 Moscow time
Applications have to be submitted on-line on RIAS website in English or in Russian with English translation («Take part in the competition» button).
The proposals will be evaluated by the leading Russian experts. The results will be published on the RIAS website.
More information about the Russian Institute for Advanced Study (RIAS), the results of previous programs, RIAS events, as well as the electronic application form are available on the website: http://eng.rias.online/
MPSU Postdoctoral Fellowships in Humanities — 2018